The Lost and Found Office is available to assist you in finding objects you might have lost or misplaced at the airport only. All lost and found merchandise is only kept up to 3 months, after which it is auctioned off for a good cause. The Lost and Found office is open from 09:30 to 18:00 hours Monday through Friday. On Saturdays, the office is open from 09:30 to 13:30 hours only. No food or perishable items will be kept in lost and found department beyond 12 hrs and will be disposed of after 12 hrs.
PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMING LOST ITEMS
The Item may be claimed by the Owner and should be in possession of the following documents:
- Copy of Boarding Card/ proof of journey
- Copy of Passport/ ID card issued by any Government Unit
- Details of the items being claimed.
If not collecting person. An authorized person should carry the following document from the owner of the lost items
- Letter of “authorization letter” to be filled and signed by the owner. The owner should also have mentioned details of the items being claimed.
- Photocopy OR Original boarding pass
- Owner’s Government-authorized photo-id preferably Passport / Driving License / Aadhaar Card / Voter card
Photo I-card of the person who is authorized to collect the Item.
The Authorization may be on the name of the individual, Courier Service provider or Airlines.
Lost and found items deposited at Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 (Lost property may be claimed from the respective terminal itself within 05 days from the date/time of deposit in that section. If any Lost and found item is required to be collected after working hours (i.e 1730 hrs), please fix appointment 24hrs in advance through email on following email ID [email protected]
Delhi international airport lost and found contact details
Lost & Found Room
Departure Level Near Gate No. 01
Domestic Indira Gandhi International Airport
New Delhi 110037
Email ID: [email protected]
Phone : +91-011-42489616 or +91-011-42489617